Did you know that there are over 180 cities and Caribbean island nations in the Mesoamerica Region that have a population of 100,000+ people? We have to work together to bring a Genesis to these people, because the job is too big for just 1 person, or 1 church, or even 1 district to accomplish. However, if each Nazarene in the Mesoamerica Region allows Genesis to begin with me, and each person creates and enacts missional practices in our churches, together we can make a difference.
To help you understand the strategy of Genesis, let's first talk about what it ISN'T. Genesis ISN'T:
- Another book
- Another way to evangelize
- Another way to start congregations
- Another project
Genesis is a new way to think about church in the city in the 21st century. And you know what? Genesis isn't even new thoughts on church. Our thinking about the church is based on Jesus' example, because in the pages of the gospels, we see Jesus
- preaching the scriptures in creative ways so that people could understand them
- teaching about relevant topics of his day such as finances, marriage, conflict resolution and justice
- providing for people through sharing meals, healing the sick, and raising the dead
Three main strategies are being developed and used in Mesoamerica Genesis to create strong, missional churches in the city. These strategies include
- Educating and resourcing the existing churches which are currently located in the cities of Mesoamerica in order to strengthen these congregations to possess the characteristics of a Genesis Church.
- Starting new congregations in the cities of Mesoamerica that possess the characteristics of a Genesis Church.
- Sending missionaries to 28 cities or Caribbean island nations that have been identified by Regional leadership as priority cities to be reached by 2020.
We urge you to make a commitment to Genesis by renewing your church, beginning a new church or becoming a missionary and serving in a priority location. By clicking a link below you let us know that you are interested in receiving more information about how you can be a part of Genesis.